Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Well here comes " Whatever 32."

I feel everyone goes through moments of looking at their birthday's differently as each year goes by.

You start off looking at it as a special day, eager to take that box of chocalates to school wearing that one best 'color' dress of the year to school to showoff.  You sincierly believe that the world revolves around your birthday and the anticipation and waiting for that day to arrive is equally thrilling.  The most beautiful toddler / early teen birthdays.  So cute.

Then you start seeing those days as a time to give and receive gifts, gestures, birthday cakes, how many phone calls this year, greeting cards, single roses, surprise bash, Screaming HAPPY Birthday's with friends, fun, followed by fun and little more of fun.  Infact, those are the most momentful birthday's and truly the most cherished ones for its pure nature of attention and thoughtfulness you get from your friends & family.  The most happening late teens / early 20's birthdays.  So grand.

Then you reach a stage where you have the glimpses of above pop up on that day, but you kind of wanted, I dont know.... something different... Something Calm.  Some call it boring and many call it Old.  I call it Whatever.  The late 20's / early 30's birthday.  When you pick up that phone and saying " hey thank you" to a wishing cousin, hoping for the call to end sooner and move on.  Pages and pages of wishes on Facebook from people who you never have said a word in the last 5 years but promptly liked their profile picture, every time they change.  You dread 'Cake Cutting' ( not the cake) and surely the ominous " HAAAAPPPPPYYYY BURTHHH DAYYYY TOOOO YOUUUUU" chorus to the last line.

I am not bored nor I feel Old.  Infact I feel the opposite.  I just turned 32 few minutes back and I feel OK.  ( I typed good first and changed it to OK).  OK is good.
Now, I want my birthdays to be different...  meaningful.... calm... lingering.... quiet.  I want to think about all the good things and thank for the bad things which didn't turn worse last year.  I wanted a warm hug from my best friend ( alias) my husband when the clock ticks 12 AM,  a silent whisper of "Happy Birthday papa" in my ears followed by a quick kiss so that we dont wake up our cosleeping baby girl, I want to search for his fingers and hold it light and I want a repeat of all the above again.   May be three / four times?  :)  I feel blessed that I get what i want and I am good that my  birthday is " whatever" to the world but very special for the actual few people who make my world.  Those calls I get from my closest family & friends which truly put a smile on my face and make me feel good.  I love that.  Clarity :)

This year, my husband was travelling but I am pinning his sweet wishes straight to my heart. Oli, If you're reading this today, thank you again for your words & wishes and I know how you feel being away.  I miss you but I have you, always.  Come back this Satdarday and be my Present :) Ha Ha.   And I have my precious bundle of a sloppy kisser, my most adorable girl sleeping next to me.  Aaradhana, if you happen to read this someday, remember that you make my life so beautiful, every single moment.  I love you so much and your happy birthday kiss last night was divine.  Lets go out and party tommorrow.  Just you and me.  Muaaahhh.

Happy Birthday to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment